Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Protein Wisdom

I have a new addiction. Everyday I have to read Protein Wisdom by Jeff Goldstein. The addiction has gotten so bad it is the first thing I browse on the web each day. And quite frankly it is for these types of posts:

A haiku that, for no reason whatsoever, imagines Abe Lincoln as a
rebellious Yellow-billed cuckoo
(Coccyzus americanus):
"Four-score and seven-"
-- You know what? Screw this. Lets you
and me eat some grubs.

and classics like this...

"The Tale of Timmy the Curious Mouse" (a protein wisdom microfiction; based on a true story)
"Oooh. Peanut butter!" squeaked Timmy the curious mouse, poking his curious little mouse head into the springloaded trap's airy and inviting opening. "Gosh, I sure do love me some pea --"
SNAP!
~finis~

Jeff is a genius and Protein Wisdom is, in my opinion, the best blog on the web. Click now!

3 comments:

The Publican said...

Considering I am the one who introduced this addiction to you I can honestly say...that I don't feel a teeny bit bad about it. I am an addict myself.


Sincerely,
Your rimless glasses

Anonymous said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's a fan of Mr Goldstein's work.

BTW, nice to make your acquaintance. You've been added to the blogroll. I fully realize that this fact, plus two shits and fifty cents, won't buy you a cup of coffee, but you were kind enough to link me, so I thought I'd return the favor.

Jeremie Jordan said...

It is not about the money...I do it for the love.