Thursday, December 01, 2005

It Is All In The Way You Phrase Things


After making millions of dollars off other people's suffering, Michael Moore has seemed to also mastered the subtle art of lying. Author Peter Schweizer's new book Do As I Say (Not As I Do) claims Michael Moore owns shares of Halliburton stock (one of the main recipient of attacks in Moore's "documentary" Fahrenheit 9/11).

Michael Moore shoots back with "I think people find that stuff funny "Michael Moore owns Halliburton stock," said Moore in the Nov. 23 Mott College speech carried by C-SPAN. "That's like a great comedy line. I know it's not true. I've never owned a share of stock in my life -- anything."

According to Peter Schweizer, Michael Moore is right. He doesn't own a single share of stock in my life...he owns thousands of shares. And technically Mr. Moore doesn't personally own the stock, it is controlled by his non-profit organization in which only him and his wife are officers.

"Frankly, I find it disgusting that people can take speeches and video out of context then present those speeches and video in a completely different manner, thus greatly altering the original meaning," Moore said while working on his new film about Hurricane Katrina. "It is a distortion of the truth and my opponents know it."

Moore took opportunity to further plug his new "documentary" about Hurricane Katrina. "This film completes a personal trilogy for me on exploiting human suffering and profiting from it. First there was Columbine, then 9/11, and now New Orleans. Put quite simply, if there is sensational death in the world, I will be there to making money on it."

"Oh yeah, and it is Bush's fault..."

1 comment:

The Publican said...

Sadly this is only the begining of his "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.