Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own


Hillary Clinton (pictured listening to herself speak) spoke briefly in Kentucky on Friday (after all it is hunting season) about a need for a clear plan in Iraq.

"The time has come for the administration to stop serving up platitudes and present a plan for finishing this war with success and honor," she said. "I reject a rigid timetable that the terrorists can exploit, and I reject an open timetable that has no ending attached to it. Instead, I think we need a plan for winning and concluding this war, and the president can begin by taking responsibilities for the false assurances, faulty evidence and mismanagement of this war."
A bunch of words that say absolutely nothing. I reject a rigid and/or an open timetable? What?!? Oh, I get it. Mrs. Clinton wants a plan in step with public opinion. Ever changing. Hell, her "husband" ran the country on public opinion polls for 8 years how much different could a war be?

Hillary also shows her vast knowledge of military strategy by demanding a plan for "winning and concluding this war." Mrs. Clinton believes we can start winning the war by Bush merely taking responsibility for false assurances, faulty evidence, and mismanagement of war.

I've got news for Hillary, in my book we are already winning the war. My belief is that if you overthrow the existing government that is a lot like winning to me. I believe if you establish an entirely new democratic government with successful elections that has slight resemblance to winning. When you capture and try in a court of law the former murderous dictator you are on your way to winning the war. Remember all of these "failures" were also accomplished in less than 3 years.

Did we defeat and reconstruct Germany and Japan in 3 years? Did we establish ourselves as an independent nation with a ratified constitution in 3 years? Since when did winning a war become like impulse buying a pack of gum at the check out aisle?

"Oh, look Tic Tacs, Juicy Fruit, Lifesavers and democracy for a Middle East nation. Now kids, only pick one I don't want you spoiling your supper..."

No comments: