Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Cold Dose Of Reality To Start Your Week

I came to the realization that there may be a few of you out there that believe I am a tad harsh on the liberals and the Democratic party. To illustrate exactly way I keep them [and for that matter some Republicans, I am not that naive] in my crosshairs let me present you with the Communist Manifesto's 10 Planks as written by Karl Marx in 1848 as test to determine whether or not a society as adopted a Communist government.

Swallow hard and take a deep breath, this is going to hurt a lot [some comments in brackets, however most of the points are obvious and don't need my emphasis...unfortunately]:

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes. [Eminent domain anyone?]

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. [How many times have you heard the Democrats complain about tax cuts? There are things that the federal government need to provide, however it is their job to do so with the budget they are supplied. The American taxpayer should not be expected to pony up more money every time the politicians in Washington overspend their allowance]

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance. [Death tax? Do you see a theme here?]

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels. [Any guesses of which Amendment to the Constitution is attacked most often by liberals? Ding, that is right...the 2nd Amendment. Huh, I wonder why?]

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. [To look this plank in a more modern way, how many government business are there and many more are congressional leaders looking to build, expand or increase the department's current size?]

8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. [I wish to this one wasn't true, but rest assured if I wasn't from Iowa and a farming family I would further dissect this plank. However, I believe, you reader, can make your own conclusions]

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

When I scream. When I yell. These planks are the bias for my concerns. There are no examples of properly functioning communist societies. Why? Because it is too fundamentally flawed to the nature of man. Just because we won the cold war and defeated the Russians, does not mean the fight stops there. I am not some Timothy Mc Veigh whack job. I am just a citizen that wants communist ideals left out of my government. I am tried of every time a Democrat wants a pet project to pass through the government we label it with a "basic human rights" tag. How many times have you heard socialized medicine is a basic right of all American's? That's right, the answer to that question is about as high as our national debt.

Communism is a slippery slope I do not wish to go down. Think for a moment how much our country has changed since its' inception. Now think about those changes as related to the 10 communist planks. And yes, that is an uneasy feeling in your gut...the question is do you want it to go away?

No comments: