Monday, January 23, 2006

"Time" For A Little Story About Nothing, That May Turn Into A Story About Something At A Later Date When We Have More Information

Time.com is reporting that it has seen photos of President Bush standing near Jack Abramoff. That's right, Bush is seen standing near Abramoff during what looks like a holiday party or staff level meetings. The story even states that President Bush is caught in tens of thousands of these types of photos every year. Why are these particular photos important? Hell, if I know...Time.com doesn't even know. However, in the name of good journalism they wanted you, the American public, to know that they have looked at a couple of snap shots. Real edge of your seat stuff here...

There are several reasons why this story humors me. First, Time.com isn't going to be publishing the photos due to the fact the unknown source [why is it always an unknown source?] has refused to sell them [at least not until a better offer is received]. So, what we have here is a story about a reporter supposedly looking at photos with both Bush and Abramoff in them from an unknown owner of the photos who wishes to remain anonymous.

That reminds me. Have I ever told, you the readers, about the time I took a photo of what appeared to be a flying saucer. I no longer have the photo, however it could have been proof that E.T.s exist. Of course, it could also have been the fading rays of the sun reflecting off a pond on to the underside of a Cessna 185, however to make it relevant to this post, I really believe it was probably a UFO.

In its' incessant race to be the first media source to help the Democrats establish a friendship link between Bush and Abramoff, Time.com has resorted to printing articles talking about one of its' staff members looking pictures that no one else gets to see. It is laughable that we are expected to read a story that describes looking at pictures. I am pretty sure that is why pictures exist, so I don't have to take Time.com's word for it and I can look at the damn picture myself. I get droopy eyed just thinking about political meetings, so an article about looking at pictures from a political get together is almost enough to induce a coma. Add in an unknown source for the photos and you have yourself a bonafide story about nothing.

I smell a Pulitzer for Time.com...

No comments: