Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ask In A Word

Dear Ask In A Word (as taken from the comments section of the post -- Treachery: A Spiritual Journey To Manhood),

How dare you suggest that fellow Americans of a different political persuasion of your want to bring down the US! I am a registered Conservative and I know many Democrats who have srved with honor! But make exception for the Republicons in power who don't provide adequate body armor for our troops and a president who has lied about everything and let bin Laden get away, and has not done anything to control gas prices because he says he can't but Ford and Carter did! Nor does he protect our borders, because he wants cheap labor!

Todd
I am with you, Todd.

It is the Republicans who are depraved, crooked, amoral, incompetent, and treasonous to the ideals of this great country.The Bush Administration has just received Ds and Fs for its dismal handling of security measures. Our ports, bridges, tunnels, chemical and nuclear plants are woefully unprotected against terrorist attacks. Bush has let Bin Laden get away. Instead of focusing the vast resources given him by the taxpayer to get that monster and dismantle Al Qaeda, he embarked on a war with Iraq under false pretense. As someone who is a true conservative, as opposed to a right-wing radical, I am also appalled at the lack of fiscal responsibility of this government. And I am outraged at this government intrusion into our homes and lives

Devil's Adovcate
[sic]
He will never be released because he witnessed torture and genocide perpetrated by American troops and operatives. He ain't getting out of anywhere.
Resisting the authoritarian impulses of the mouth breathing reactionary right gives life to the dream of seeing some Bircher-Klan types' heads explode. It's not like Reagan and Bush I weren't in bed with these same bad actors, selling them stinger missiles, trading arms for hostages and the timely release of same on inauguration night (quelle coincidence!). Rummy has even shook hands with Saddam, but I bet he doesn't answer his e-mails now, huh?
This is your government on drugs. And booze. And hubris

Boing!!!!!!!!
I will answer each writer in the order I received the comments...

Dear Todd,

Perhaps you misread my post, I was not saying that just because John Walker Lindh has a different political outlook than myself that he was "looking to bring down the US." I said I believe he is a traitor because he held arms against our troops and our country. There is freedom of speech and then there is actually traveling to another country and fighting alongside a terrorist regime "looking to bring down the US." If you are having a hard time with the word "treason," may I direct you here. You also said you were a registered "conservative." Yes, I know you are...you and every other liberal who troll conservative websites to post comments. I, on the other hand, am registered Republican. I don't believe I had the option of choosing liberal, neutral or conservative when I filled out my voter's registration card, but then you would know that too, if you are registered to vote.

Dear Devil's Advocate,

I realize in choosing an annonymous title like "Devil's Advocate" makes it sound that you are going to present some insightful counterpoint to my original post, but you don't. However, as with most liberals [oh, I am sorry you also claim to be conservative, my bad] these days, you get completely off topic. The post was about John Walker Lindh. It was not about Bush's grades on port security or even about letting Bin Laden get away. In fact, you even bring up the war in Iraq. What? I was talking about a single man and his transgressions against our country. This is pretty simple stuff here. My I refer you to the top of my blog. There, at the top, is a "search this blog" button. Find a post of mine relevant to your rant and comment there. Trust me it will make more sense.


Dear Boing!!!!!!!!!,

Mr. Kerry? Is that you, John?

I really hate to make fun of you Mr. Boing!!!!!!, because you waxed so eloquently on my blog:
"Resisting the authoritarian impulses of the mouth breathing reactionary right gives life to the dream of seeing some Bircher-Klan types' heads explode."
That was beautiful, man...please pass me a Kleenex.

Boom!


I would also like to take this moment to also thank the Dauo Report @ salon.com for listing In A Word on his
site. These last few days have been educational to say the least. I appreciated the traffic and the discourse, however to be honest I just didn't expect to find so many Lindh supporters. Eh, you live you learn...

No comments: