Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Very Personal Conversation With My Blog

In A Word: So I see your two-bit Juice floosie blog kicked your ass to the curb and now you've come trolling around on my doorstep again.

Jordan: Hey, you know it isn't like that. Besides, you will always be my first blog.

In A Word: Are you going to leave me every time some high traffic blog walks by with that "come hither and write for us" look in their eyes?

Jordan: Well...you know how it is. A blogger can blog, can't he?

In A Word: Oh I know alright. For the last six months you have used me to host pictures that Juice wouldn't publish on their server. You've come and used my links section to visit your favorite sites, but never once opened up and wrote something exclusively for me. Maybe it would have been better if you would have just deleted me.

Jordan: Whoa...whoa...whoa! We never said I couldn't see other blogs. And besides right before I left for Juice I gave you a nice, crisp, sharp looking new template.

In A Word: I never asked for the rain droplet background. You were the one that made me feel inferior. You were the one that couldn't handle the fact that thousands of other Blogger blogs looked just like me.

Jordan: Oh, I see how it is. It's all about me now, is it? How about the times you froze up and I lost hours of hard work? Or the times you would go down for hours or days at a time? God only knows how much traffic has been lost to your temperamental behavior.

In A Word: ...

Jordan: ...

In A Word: So, where does this leave us?

Jordan: Lets just take it one day at a time and see what happens.

In A Word: Yeah, o.k. I have to admit it is kind of nice having you back, but I do have one favor to ask you.

Jordan: What's that?

In A Word: Any chance you can get yourself checked for viruses? You never know where those Juice blogs have been...

No comments: