Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Doomsday Wasn't Quite What I Expected...It Lacked A Few Fireworks

To further my attack on the stupidity that flows so freely on Andrew Sullivan's The Daily Dish, I submit this post from guest blogger, Michael J. Totten, that felt a little sarcasm was in order to illustrate the fact that August 22 was not, in fact, doomsday. Unfortunately, I felt his sarcasm fell far short of the proper level needed to make his point, so I have picked up the torch and will properly finish his thought.

Not only was August 22 not doomsday, but it further shows how far the Bush administration will go to instill fear into the hearts of Americans. Not unlike the honorable Hugo Chavez, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinallahisabomb is merely made to look like the enemy to draw attention away from the real anti-Christ; our own Dick Cheney, the true President of the United States [Karl Rove is the Vice President]. Israel is the terrorist state. Iraq is a quagmire in the amidst of a civil war. Those arrested in connection of the "alleged" terrorist attempt to blow up planes bound from the UK to the US, were simply homesick travellers looking to get home to their mommies. Terrorism actually does not exist and 9/11 was staged to give Bush a reason to bomb camels and tents in Afghanistan.

Now if you will be so kind as to excuse me, I must now retire and place my head back in the sand.

[flomp]

So, maybe August 22 wasn't doomsday...this time.

No comments: