Tuesday, August 15, 2006

In A Word: Mad Libs

So, I am a bored blogger with no real angst this morning. I don't feel compelled to engage, you the reader, with some deep insightful post. Then I thought Mad Libs are a good way to break boredom. I have been doing Mad Libs with Daren since middle school ["she turned to her hard lover, Daren 'quick, cover yourself with the American History book'"]. Then, when Daren went through his awkward strung out on drugs/ male prostitute stage while living in my basement, we drew my wife into our perverse little world of Mad libs [Mr. Strap-On Penis jumped up and yelled something about Richard Gere's hamster, but it was too late we were all covered in Big Bird's jism].

I will give a list of nouns, adjectives, etc. and you guys use the comment section [In Your Words] to give me suggestions. I will compile the ones I like the most and insert them into a predetermined Mad Lib. I will not manipulate the story at all as I will insert the words randomly.

Get creative. You guys regularly make me laugh out when I read the comments, so I know you can come up with some funny items. I will post the reader generated Mad Lib tomorrow, so you have all day to think.

Oldies but goodies from the past for me have been: Mary - Mom of God, the use of a cuss words, liquids, topical references and sexual references.

The story is called: "Love Letter"

We need:
  • plural noun
  • abstract noun
  • abstract noun
  • adjective
  • adjective
  • adjective
  • adjective
  • adjective
  • adverb
  • adverb
  • past tense verb
  • present tense verb
  • animal
  • geographical terrain
Time to get sick and twisted you freaks, but keep it sort of clean. You know in a inflatable sheep sort of way...

No comments: