Saturday, March 31, 2007

NEWS FLASH: Ex-Partner Of Giuliani May Face Charges

It's getting deep, so might I suggest a pair of boots....
Federal prosecutors have told Bernard B. Kerik, whose nomination as homeland security secretary in 2004 ended in scandal, that he is likely to be charged with several felonies, including tax evasion and conspiracy to commit wiretapping.

Kerik's indictment could set the stage for a courtroom battle that would draw attention to Kerik's extensive business and political dealings with former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, who personally recommended him to President Bush for the Cabinet. Giuliani, the front-runner for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination according to most polls, later called the recommendation a mistake.

The former mayor is not in any legal jeopardy, according to legal sources directly familiar with the investigation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the inquiry is ongoing. He and his consulting firm have cooperated in the FBI's long-running investigation of Kerik.

Last night, Giuliani's office declined to comment on Kerik, instead referring a reporter to remarks the former mayor made earlier this week in Teaneck, N.J. "I hope, when people evaluate me, they evaluate the things that I think I did that were wrong and that were mistakes and the things that I did that were right, and I think the public record has been one largely of great success," Giuliani said then.
I personally like how the article isn't really about Kerik, so much as it's about Kerik AND GIULIANI,

So Kerik is being investigated for income tax evasion and somehow this is related to Giuliani's Presidential candidacy? I mean unless, Rudy personally filled out Kerik's 1040, I am at a loss as to how this relates...

Although I put the passage in bold text, I would like everyone to reread the last Giuliani quote from the article:
"I hope, when people evaluate me, they evaluate the things that I think I did that were wrong and that were mistakes and the things that I did that were right, and I think the public record has been one largely of great success"
One of the reasons I like Giuliani is his ability to admit his mistakes and the fact that he doesn't hide from them. You want to find the dirt on Giuliani? Go ask him...he'll hand you the shovel.

No comments: