Sunday, April 01, 2007

Why I Won't Vote For McCain

Reason #1564: Contemplated leaving the Republican party.
From The Daily Oakland Press [2004]:
McCain has said he would not run with Kerry, but last month he renewed speculation when he was asked on ABC's "Good Morning America" whether he would consider running with Kerry. He replied, "Obviously, I would entertain it."

From The Hill:
“Look,” McCain said on the radio show, “I was approached by Democrats, sure. I was approached by Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) to run as his running mate in 2004 and I rejected it out of hand.”Laughing, McCain added, “It was the smartest thing I ever did.”
Let me be clear, I am not upset with McCain contemplated leaving the Republican party, hell I do that on a daily basis. What concerns me is that he was contemplating leaving the Republican party to join John Freakin' Kerry.

And to be fair though, when McCain says it's the 'smartest thing' he's ever done [saying no to Kerry], it's not like he has a large collection of 'smart things' to pull from.

No comments: