Friday, March 23, 2007

Shattered Glass

In case you haven't previously read this on a liberal blog or Sam Brownback's blog, Rudy and Judith Giuliani have six previous marriages between them. Apparently this is a big deal to ultra conservatives. I am sorry, let me rephrase that: apparently the press thinks this is a big deal to ultra conservatives. Now I can't speak for the ultra conservative base in this country, but I am pretty sure they are not perfect either. I am sorry, let me rephrase that: I know they're not perfect either.

There is only one thing worse than being pious and that is stereotyping someone as pious based on your own interpretation of how you think they will react to certain socio-behaviors. And that is exactly what the press and political gurus are doing...speaking for a group of people that haven't said a word. Giuliani is running away with this election based on his leadership. You can not fault the man's success as mayor of New York City. So just can't. Were his terms perfect? No, hell no; but then no politician is and neither are his accomplishments. For the Democrats to beat Giuliani, they must be beat him in the Republican primary. Yes, you read that correctly.

I am stating right here on the Corn Beltway Boys that Rudy Giuliani will be the next President of the United States if the Republicans of this country don't fuck it up. Hillary knows it, Obama knows, and if Edwards was deeper than a hair cut and a smile he would know it too.

The problem for Giuliani's opponents is there he has proof of his unwavering leadership: 9/11. You couple 9/11 with his results as mayor then you have the most qualified resume for President that this country has seen in decades. So how do you beat him, because people like Hillary can't put all her post-office-name-changing sponsored Senate bills up against Giuliani's track record?

Sling some mud. Keep the press questioning Rudy's conservative tag. Put doubt in the voter's mind. Create baseless acronyms that no real politician could live up to like RINO [Republican In Name Only].

I stand before the readers of CBB as a broken, failed person who has known moments of victory and success. I am neither perfect nor do I claim to be. Giuliani's faults when placed next to the rest of the Presidential candidates are like a strain on Monica dress. If he starts breaking the law instead of hearts, then I might have a problem.

It comes down to this: people who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. I am sorry, let me rephrase that: the press shouldn't throw stones on behalf of those people living in glass houses.

***For Full Disclosure, it should be noted that I support the Rudy Giuliani for President campaign. But I bet you already knew that...

No comments: