Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Convenient Hypocrisy

Let just say right up front that the following disclosure on Al Gore's energy consumption does not surprise me, in fact I anyone who knows me can attest that I've claiming this for years...politicians and celebrities can talk the talk, but they can not walk the walk.

Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth'? -- $30,000 utility bill

Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours.
The Center claims that Nashville Electric Services records show the Gores in 2006 averaged a monthly electricity bill of $1,359 for using 18,414 kilowatt-hours, and $1,461 per month for using 16,200 kilowatt-hours in 2005. During that time, Nashville Gas Company billed the family an average of $536 a month for the main house and $544 for the pool house in 2006, and $640 for the main house and $525 for the pool house in 2005. That averages out to be $29,268 in gas and electric bills for the Gores in 2006, $31,512 in 2005.
And spare me the liberal spin on this one. How can you take anything Gore says serious after that report? O.K. granted we didn't take him serious before either, but you get my drift. I looked in up, it will take my family of four over 4 years [FOUR FRIGGIN' YEARS] to reach the energy consumption that Al Gore and his wife Tipper used in just one month [October, 2006]. But it only begins there. My car? A PT Cruiser that I only average about 9,000 miles a year at 32 miles per gallon in gas. I don't fly in a private jet and I don't have limo. I also don't have elaborate dinner parties with enough food to feed an African country. In fact, compared to Al Gore's worldly consumption my 'carbon footprint' on this earth is a speck to Gore's mountain.

Just out of curiosity I calculated my 'carbon footprint.' The results? My footprint is half of the average. The best part? I don't even try to conserve energy or care for the environment. Oh, bleepin' irony. The evil conservative blogger is doing more to help the world than the so-called Oscar winning environmentalist, Al Gore.

No comments: