Friday, January 19, 2007

34% Of Democrats Want The Iraq War To Fail

Here's a depressing poll:
Do you personally want the Iraq plan President Bush announced last week to succeed?

Overall: 63% Yes 22% No 15% Don’t Know

Democrats: 51% Yes 34% No 15% Don’t Know

Republicans: 79% Yes 11% No 10% Don’t Know

Independents 63% Yes 19% No 17% Don’t Know
49% of all Democrats, you know the ones who "support the troops," don't want Bush's increased troop levels to work or don't know if they want it to work. I guess here is where having blind patriotism is clouding my judgment, but my answer to this question would have been different. Bush controls troop deployment. The increase is going to happen, to that there is no discussion. Knowing the increase is going to happen no matter what some stupid opinion poll of Monday morning, arm chair strategic war planners says, "wanting" the additional troop levels to end the violence is the ONLY answer. If the troop increase succeeds, the troops come home. Having them fail will only keep them there longer.

To be fair, 22% of Republicans feel the same way as the Defeatocrats. I just can't imagine wanting the troops to fail. Hate George Bush if you must. Hate the war. But for God's sake WANT the troops to succeed.

Well this seals it for me...Americans are a bunch of fucking idiots whose think their opinions matters. Of course I say that while I write a blog post...oh how I do love irony.

H/T: Ace Of Spades

No comments: