Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cannibalism And The Liberal Fringe

I read this news article and saw the positive angle:
It's been the subject of whispered conversations among top Republican officials for the past month. Now, U.S. Rep. Chris Shays, R-4th District, has let slip the secret: GOP officials have discussed cross-endorsing Democratic Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman this fall.

In an interview today with the editorial board of The Advocate of Stamford, Shays said he intends to vote for Lieberman and is encouraging a Republican endorsement of the three-term senator.
I mean what is not to like? A Republican supporting a Democrat. Working together. Understanding they have differences, but willing to put aside those difference to get some things accomplished for this nation. Oh, sure there is political posturing behind it, but all in all I believe it's a positive step forward for our gridlocked government.

Of course, that is my take on the article. The wingnutosphere that is the Daily Kos views it as the apocalypse:

Republican congressman Chris Shays endorses Lieberman? Who's next? The Connecticut Republican Party?

And no, I'm not being facetious.

Do we need any more evidence of how important Lieberman is to the Connecticut Republican Party? Lieberman provides them cover. They'd wither and die without him around.
The Daily Kos goes on to solicit support for the anti-war candidate running against Lieberman in the Democratic primaries.

Ever notice how liberals are very quick to turn against a person in their own party? You've got to love Democrat logic though: "Lieberman supports a position of President Bush, and we hate Bush, so we must hate Lieberman."

I support John Mc Cain even though I don't always agree with his cozy relationship with a few fringe liberals, but I do understand that Mc Cain's partnerships are for the good of the nation. And isn't that the question we all ask ourselves when we enter the voting booth? Which of the opposing candidate will help further the grow of our cities, state, and nation.

For the mindless zombies that like to have their opinions spoon fed to them, the Daily Kos is a great source of disinformation. However for a free thinking conservative like myself, the Daily Kos makes my head hurt. I just can't keep up with everyone I am suppose to hate because of their association with President Bush.

Not that it makes much difference coming from a small Iowa blogger, but I could and would vote for Joe Lieberman. All I ask of him is to never mention the phrase "Joe-mentum" ever again.

No comments: