Thursday, September 14, 2006

Nintendo Wii Release Date



It seems I have roughly a little over two months to say goodbye to my wife and kids, as Nintendo's next home console, gaming system [Wii] hits stores on the November 19th. It has been about a year since I started blogging and if there is one area of my life that has suffered, it would be how much I have neglected my obsession to video games. However, to be honest it started to seem like every new games was merely a knock off of a better game I played in the past. Nintendo is at least trying to interject a new way to play video games with the Wii.

The controller for the Wii looks like a remote control for a TV. To manipulate the movement on the screen all you need to do is move the Wiimote around in the air. Want to swing a sword? Slash with the Wiimote. Want to fire a gun? Hold the Wiimote like a rifle and fire away. Want to strife while you shoot? Just slightly tilt the Wiimote to the side. Flip the Wiimote on its' side and you can use it like a steering wheel. You could fish with it. In fact, the possibilities at this point seem endless.

Here is a link to ign.com for some wicked game play videos. Here, here, here and here.

While the Wii is only a twice as powerful as Nintendo's current Gamecube, I have found graphics aren't everything. Oh, I am a graphics whore, but I need to be engaged and with the current state of video game, I can't say when the last time I wanted to play a game was.

So, I know you are asking yourself: where the hell is the political rant for the day? Sorry, guys I have to get the political stink off my hands for at least a few hours. I felt my sanity starting to drain away.

No comments: