Thursday, May 17, 2007

Which Song Should Play While We Destroy Our Nation?

Remember how you used to like Fleetwood Mac until Bill Clinton prostituted their song "Don't Stop" as his campaign theme song? Well fear not, because Hillary has decided that she will also make you despise at least one more band before her campaign is over as she is asking for her own theme song.

The list of nominees:
  • City of Blinding Lights - U2
  • Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
  • I'm A Believer - Smash Mouth
  • Get Ready - The Temptations
  • Ready To Run - The Dixie Chicks
  • Rock This Country - Shania Twain
  • Beautiful Day - U2
  • Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones
  • I'll Take You There - The Stapler Singers
Luckily there is an opinion to submit your own song if you don't like the ones listed. I came up with a quick list of personal songs I think identify better with Hillary:
  • Man Eater - Hall & Oats
  • Smooth Criminal - Micheal Jackson
  • Crazy Bitch - Buck Cherry
  • Harvester Of Sorrow or Creeping Death - Metallica
  • Loser - Beck
  • I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
  • Le Freak - Chic
And then there's the one I submitted:
  • Back In The U.S.S.R. - The Beatles
Now dear reader(s) it's your turn, the comment treads lines are open...

1 comment:

100101011011011 said...

Band: New Model Army
Song: Ballad
Album: The Ghost of Cain

I think you will find this to fit the current state of affairs very accurately.