Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sorry If I Don't Weep With You

There will be no glowing eulogy of Rev. Jerry Falwell on the Corn Beltway Boys. In fact, I am having a hard time restraining myself from doing just the opposite. You see Falwell and the rest of the television evangelists represent everything I hate about religion. In many ways I fail to differentiate the Falwells from the Flynts. Opposite sides of the spectrum, but both rip apart the moral fabric of this nation.

If you come to CBB only for conservative, Republican talking points I might suggest you stop reading now.

Excuse me while I pile on:
And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, "You helped this happen."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
-- Jerry Falwell, Listen, America!

Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them.
-- Jerry Falwell, on CNN's Crossfire, May 17, 1997

I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, USA Today Chat, quoted from The Religious Freedom Coalition, "The Two faces of Jerry Falwell"

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell (attributed: source unknown)
I could further mock Falwell, but I can't shove his foot down his throat any farther than he already did throughout his life. He can take his condescending bullshit to Heaven and hope God is in a forgiving mood or his afterlife is going to be a little warmer than he envisioned.
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (Matthew 7:12).”
But what do I know, I am just a failed human being wandering through life trying to figure it all out while not drinking, taking no drugs, living with integrity, and working hard so my wife can stay home and take care of our three children.

1 comment:

100101011011011 said...

Thank God the Idiot's dead , the idiots dead, the idiot's dead, thank god the I D I O T Is dead!!